Publication Information and Help
Welcome to NIA's publications ordering site! Here you can order and download free publications about healthy aging and age-related diseases and conditions, including Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias. You can order and download online, call the NIA Information Center at 800-222-2225, or email for help in English and Spanish.
On this page:
How to find and select publications
To find a publication:
- Enter a word or phrase in the "Search NIA Publications" box — for example, "exercise" or "Alzheimer's disease."
- Browse Featured Publications to find some of NIA's most popular publications in English and Spanish, organized by topic. Click on the cover or title to access the ordering page for a specific publication.
- Click on "View all publications" on the Order Free Publications page to see a list of all NIA publications organized alphabetically.
- Click on "View all Spanish" at the bottom of the Order Free Publications page to find a publication in Spanish.
To select a publication:
- Click on the image and title to navigate to that publication’s ordering page.
- Click the blue "Get" button to select a paper copy that will be mailed to you or a PDF that you can view, download, and print yourself.
- For paper copies, enter the desired quantity and click the green "Add to Cart” button.
- You can add several publications to your cart before checking out.
Bulk orders, more than 25 copies per publication, are reviewed daily and may be modified due to inventory levels. Bulk orders cannot be shipped to P.O. boxes.
Ready to checkout?
Follow these steps when you are ready to check out:
- After selecting the items to add to your cart, click on the cart icon at the top of the screen.
- A list of all the publications you have selected will appear.
- Click the gray checkout button to enter shipping details and complete your order.
- Once you place your order, an order number will appear. Please save and use this number if you need to check on the status of your order.
Note: NIA does not ship to addresses outside the U.S. International users are welcome to view, download, and print NIA's publications and online health information.
Online health information
Find more health information online. Topics include advance care planning, aging in place, Alzheimer's and related dementias, caregiving, cognitive health, doctor-patient communication, end of life, exercise and physical activity, and healthy eating. Choose A-Z Health Topics to see a complete list of topics.
Can I reuse content from NIA publications?
Materials produced by NIA, a federal government agency, are in the public domain. Permission is not required to use or reproduce NIA materials, unless the document states that another copyright policy applies. When you use NIA materials in print, on the web, or in a video or audio format, we request that you credit the National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Learn more about copyright and trademark information.